This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Shown in circa 1930 is McKinley Park's Kiesel Lake. The body of water was named by Frederick William Kiesel in 1912 to honor his son, Frederick Birdsall Kiesel, who died as an infant. Located on the southwest quadrant of the park, Lake Kiesel is made up the ancient stretch of Burns Slough which served as a natural relief point for flood waters draining from the American River.