Title supplied by cataloger. Designed by F. P. Burnham, this Classical Revival library building cost $34,000 to construct in 1908. An initial grant for $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie was later increased to $30,000, covering the majority of the expense. This building served as the city's public library from 1909 until 1972, when a fire forced its closure. It was demolished a year later. A view of Ocean Boulevard as it runs past Lincoln Park, the site of the original plaza in Long Beach. The Carnegie Library is at the edge of the park, left. The tall building under construction, background, is the Heartwell Building on Pine Avenue. In the foreground, right, is the sign for Blackstone Hotel Apartments. Other commercial establishments include the Pekin Cafe, the Ambassador Ballroom, and the Hotel Arlington. Bottom left is the Speedene Gasoline station.
1 photographic print :b&w ;10 x 12 cm. Photographic prints
Long Beach Public Library and Information Center (Calif.) Parks--California--Long Beach Libraries--California--Long Beach Carnegie libraries--California--Long Beach Commercial buildings--California--Long Beach Lost architecture--California--Long Beach Aerial photographs Burnham, Franklin P Long Beach (Calif.) Long Beach (Calif.)--Aerial views Lincoln Park (Long Beach, Calif.)