Green Hotel was built in 1903 in Pasadena, California, by George Gill Green and was supplemented by two later buildings, creating a complex of three structures. Hotel Green, by Los Angeles-based architect Frederick Roehrig, was the first of the three buildings. Castle Green was the second building in the complex and was originally known as the Central Annex. A two horse carriage in front of the Hotel Green. The driver is wearing a topcoat and hat, and a finely dressed older couple sit in the carriage. The woman is holding a parasol.