Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of Church of the Angels, located at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena. Shows clock on bell tower and main entrance. The church is faced in sandstone mined from San Fernando Valley quarries and the interior walls are of red pressed brick. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza. Photo dated: July 18, 1939.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00073956 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Pasadena-Churches-Church of the Angels. CARL0000076793 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/115282
Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Towers--California--Pasadena Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933 Pasadena (Calif.)