Meyer & Holler designed the Egyptian Theatre (6708 Hollywood Blvd.) in 1921. The first of the "fantasy" movie palaces on Hollywood Blvd., the Egyptian retains the forecourt with original Egyptian-style paintings. The marquee was altered in the 1950s. The theater was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the Hollywood Boulevard Commercial and Entertainment District in 1985, and in 2000 was restored and renovated by architects Hodgetts+Fung Design Associates, Inc. as home to the American Cinematheque. A view of the courtyard of Grauman's with statues of an Egyptian king, Indian elephants. A sign is advertising for Douglas Fairbanks "The Thief of Bagdad."