This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This photograph, taken in October 24, 1941, shows the new Volunteers of America administration building at 1116-1118 Sixth Street. The headquarters was constructed for a cost of 30,000 dollars under the architectural guidance of Charles F. Dean. It contained a gospel mission, Sunday School rooms, and executive and social welfare offices. Prior to the opening, the organization had only rented facilities. The previous headquarters had been located at 1108 Fifth Street.