The first public library in Pomona began in 1887. In search of funds for a facility, the city applied for a Carnegie library building grant and received a $15,000 in 1902. Designed by the firm of Burnham and Bliesner, the Classical Revival style building was completed in 1903. Ten years later, the city received an additional grant of $10,000 for library to be enlarged. The building served as the public library until 1966, when it was demolished to make way for a replacement structure. Interior view of the Pomona Public Library, showing the main reading room.
1 photographic print :b&w ;9 x 14 cm. Photographic prints