Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
View of the new U.C.L.A. Westwood campus in 1930. At the left foreground is the bridge connecting Hilgard Avenue to the campus. The gully over which the bridge passed was filled-in after World War II. Campus buildings from left to right are: the Physics Building, designed by Allison and Allison, Architects. Moore Hall, then called the Education Building, is under construction. It was later named for Ernest Carroll Moore, the first Provost of U.C.L.A. Powell Library and Haines Hall. These three buildings were designed by architect George W. Kelham. All four buildings were constructed in a northern Italian Romanesque style.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00042773 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Universities and colleges-UCLA-Construction.; N-002-953 8x10 CARL0000047556 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/101333
University of California, Los Angeles Architecture--California--Westwood (Los Angeles) Buildings--California--Westwood (Los Angeles) Universities and colleges--California--Westwood (Los Angeles) Libraries--California--Westwood (Los Angeles) Kelham, George W.(George William),1871-1936 Westwood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Allison & Allison