The Fox Uptown Theatre was located at 1008 So. Western Avenue in Los Angeles and was built in 1925. It ran first-run movies for Fox, seating 1,600 people, and had a large roof-top sign. It was demolished in 1963. Exterior of the closed building, with an optometrist sight on the corner of the building, and to the left of it the blank marquee for the Uptown Theatre. A sign from Cleveland Wrecking Company is attached to the corner of the building. L.A. SMith, architect of the Uptown Theatre.