For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Presbytery of Kenya. [pictured] Beaton, Mortimer, Rev W.B. Stevenson, Mr Grieve, Mr Barlow. Zakayo, Rev Joshua, Rev Solomon, Rev Paulo (Tumutumu), Rev Jeremia (Chogoria), Rev Joshua, Rev Benjamin." Group portrait of ministers seated outside of The Manse. The Kikuyu Mission had been founded on a temporary site by the Imperial British East Africa Company in 1891, before moving to Kikuyu territory in 1898, under the Rev. Thomas Watson. Located on the ‘lower shamba’, the site stands 12 miles from Nairobi, at a distance of approximately 342 miles away from the coast. The Church of Scotland assumed control of the Mission in 1901. ❧ "A Series of Photos illustrating Life and Work at Kikuyu. August 1926. Rev W.B. Stevenson.