Photo shows preparations to extend Wilshire Blvd. across Westlake Park, later renamed MacArthur Park. Dotted lines show the placement of the future street extension across the lake. The caption reads, "Trees and shrubbery were being removed and the lake in Westlake Park was being drained partially today in the work of carrying Wilshire Boulevard across the park and lake to link the western stretch of that famous thoroughfare with the section leading from the downtown district. This photo, looking westward across the park from Wilshire, shows where the link, indicated by dotted lines, will curve across the north end of the lake and join the boulevard on the other side. Some of the trees and the lattice structure in front of the bandstand already have been taken away. The roadway will leave a small water lily lagoon on north side of the fill." Photo dated: May 20, 1933.