Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
All of the structures seen from the Douglas Building to the right have been demolished.; Designed as an office building by James and Merritt Reid, the Douglas Building was completed in in 1898.; The Lyceum Theatre, located at 227 S. Spring Street, as designed by J. Lee Burton and opened in 1888 as the Los Angeles Theater. It later became the second Los Angeles Orpheum Theater, and when it closed in 1941, it was known as the Lyceum Theatre. Looking south down Spring Street near 3rd Street (left, with cluster of cars), showing various structures, including the Douglas Building (left of center) and the ornate Lyceum Theatre (right of center).
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00014235 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Streets-Spring and 3rd; S-008-574 4x5 CARL0000022637 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/86560
Douglas Building (Los Angeles, Calif.) Lyceum Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Motion picture theaters--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Office buildings--California--Los Angeles Stores & shops--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Cityscape photographs Burton, J. Lee Spring Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Third Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Reid & Reid