Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Exterior view of the Vernon Branch Library, 4504 South Central Avenue which was built in 1915 with a Carnegie grant totaling $35,000 and designed by Charles H. Kysor & Charles H. Biggar in the Classical Revival style. It had an open air reading room that could be converted into a closed room by means of a sliding sash. The library replaced a library delivery station that had been maintained by neighborhood residents since 1901. In 1974, this building was demolished after it had suffered significant damage in the 1971 earthquake.
1 photographic print :b&w ;13 x 20 cm. Photographic prints
00086107 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Vernon CARL0004795155 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/113357
Los Angeles Public Library.--Vernon Branch Branch libraries--California--Los Angeles Library buildings--California--Los Angeles Public libraries--California--Los Angeles Carnegie libraries--California--Los Angeles Kysor & Biggar