Title supplied by cataloger. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, designed by Swiss engineer Henri Bodmer, opened in 1963 and is a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark. The Tramway Valley Station, constructed between 1949-1963, was designed by Albert Frey and Robson C. Chambers and the Mountain Station, built in 1961, was designed by architect E. Stewart Williams. In 2000-2001, the Tramway updated its facilities and replaced the old cars with ones that rotate slowly, offering riders a 360° panoramic view. Photograph caption dated September 9, 1963 reads, "Cable car of the $8 million Palm Springs Aerial Tramway approaches landing dock at the upper terminal at elevation of 8,516 feet. Project under construction for two years, opens to the public Sept. 14."
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints