Title supplied by cataloger. The Harbor Blvd. Drive-In Theater opened on June 29, 1960 as Pacific Theater's 41st location and Orange County's sixth drive-in. Among its amenities were a 90 x 120 ft. screen and a 1500 car capacity, but despite its mammoth size, no more screens were ever added. Spanish-language films were shown in later years, but after July 1984 no films showed up in theater listings, only the swap meet which was to carry on until December 1986. Demolition began in February 1987 and a Wal-Mart store was built on the site. Aerial view of Harbor Boulevard Drive-In Theater, located at 3700 McFadden Ave. in Santa Ana; view is looking northeast. Harbor Blvd. peeks out at bottom left corner; McFadden Ave. is diagonally across middle; Santa Ana River flows from middle right to top left. Photograph dated January 20, 1963.
1 negative :safety ;11 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives
Harbor Boulevard Drive-In (Santa Ana, Calif.) Drive-in theaters--California--Santa Ana Dwellings--California--Santa Ana Streets--California--Santa Ana Lost architecture--California--Santa Ana Rivers--California, Southern Santa Ana (Calif.)--Aerial views Santa Ana River (Calif.) Santa Ana (Calif.) Aerial photographs