Front and side view of the Classical Revival style Oxnard Public Library seen from across the park, on the far left side of the photograph. The library, funded by a $12,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie, opened 1907 and served the community until 1963. It has been designated Ventura County landmark No. 13 and in 1971 was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, the first California Carnegie to be so recognized. The building serves as a museum. Architect: F. P. Burnham.
Oxnard Public Library (Oxnard, Calif.) Public libraries--California--Oxnard Carnegie libraries--California--Oxnard Neoclassicism (Architecture)--California--Oxnard Library buildings--California--Oxnard Burnham, Franklin P Oxnard (Calif.)