Title supplied by cataloger. Located at 800 N. Alameda Street, Union Station was designed by the father and son team of John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson, and opened in May 1939. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Moderne styles with Moorish architectural details. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places, Building #8000081. It is Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101. A man sleeps on the sidewalk along Paseo de la Plaza. Union Station is seen across Alameda Street.
1 slide : color ; 5x5 cm. Photographic color slides
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Homeless men African American men Railroad stations Terminals (Transportation) Trees Clock towers Planters Shrubs Parking lots Streets Automobiles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Art deco (Architecture) Architecture, Spanish influences Paseo de la Plaza (Los Angeles, Calif.) Alameda Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Parkinson & Parkinson