Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Dirt road leading to the Church of the Angels, located at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena. Shows clock on bell tower and main entrance. The church is faced in sandstone mined from San Fernando Valley quarries and the interior walls are of red pressed brick. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00073958 Los Angeles Photographers Collection; C.C. Pierce Collection CARL0000076792 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/126388
Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Towers--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Pasadena (Calif.) Garvanza (Calif.) Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933