Exterior view of adobe houses located at the corner of New High and Ord Streets in Sonora Town. This early form of duplex has two small doorways and two large windows and appears to be abandoned. The history of this adobe is unknown. The front portion of a car is visible on the right of the photo. The part of the city called "Sonora Town" was an old adobe village north of the Plaza and Church of Our Lady, Queen of the Angels. It was Los Angeles' first Mexican quarters, or barrio. The area was named for the numerous miners and families who came from Sonora, Mexico, and may have still been around in the 1930s. Now it is Los Angeles' Chinatown District. Photo dated: May 29, 1936.