Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Hand-colored postcard image shows view of Grant Avenue at left and at right Market Street from 4th St., San Francisco, ca. 1915. Several figures and an automobile are in the street. Buildings visible from left to right are the Union Savings Bank (domed building at left, built 1910), the the Union Trust branch of Wells Fargo Bank (columned building in center, built 1910) and at far right is a streetcar and the Claus Spreckels Building (built 1894), also known as the Call Building. Split-back printed with "PANAMA-PACIFIC / INTERNATIONAL EXPOSITION / CARDINELL-VINCENT CO. / SAN FRANCISCO, CAL, PUBLISHERS" and "C.T. ARTCHROM" for the Curt Teich Company, numbered "RA-54815." Numbered in white border on the front with "1570." Date Built: 1910 See "San Francisco Observed: A Photographic Portfolio from 1850 to the Present," by Ruth Silverman (Chronical Books, 1986), p. 37 [917.9461 San]
1 postcard; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
pvld:1191 bar code: 000013904
Panama-Pacific International Exposition (1915 : San Francisco, Calif.) Buildings--California--San Francisco