Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: Camp meeting off Occidental Road 1892. Background: Circuit riding ministers traveling by horse or mule from town to town were among the 1st organized religion in western Sonoma County. The Bodega Circuit district brought religious views to Petaluma, Sebastopol, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Mark West. At camp meetings a number of ministers and members of various churches would gather for week long meetings--social as well as religious. See verso of photo for handwritten information.