Frontal view of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence and gardens owned by artist Paul de Longpre´ (1855-1911). The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property de Longpre´ obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for a large flower garden. At one time the graden included over 4,000 roses, which were depicted in his paintings. The garden and art gallery were a popular tourist destination for several years between the late 1890s and the alte 1910s. The home was demolished in 1927.