Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
March 1, 1903 marked the beginning of service by the Pacific Electric Railway to Monrovia and this is the first car. In 1907 service was extended to Duarte, Azusa & Glendora and the completion of the PE Depot in Monrovia. At first, as shown here, there was only a single track, doubletrack came later. The track crossing the PE tract as shown here was that of the Myrtle Ave Street Railway, the 'horse car' line of the early days.
4513969D-1C30-4967-9CBC-192951185264 MH MON 23
Transportation--Railroads Pacific Electric Railway