Exterior view of Los Angeles City Hall from the intersection of Spring and 1st Streets, built from 1926 to 1928. Associated architects were John C. Austin, John Parkinson, and Albert C. Martin. This Goodhue-esque structure has classical detailing at the base (Greek--main entrance and Romanesque arcades), with a Moderne campanile-like tower influenced by Ziggurat construction. It was the tallest building in Los Angeles until the 1950s.
City halls--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Austin, John C. W.(John Corneby Wilson),1870-1963 Parkinson, John,1861-1935 Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945 Martin, Albert C.,1879-1960