Unknown Copyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Santa Barbara Public Library, located in the Knapp Stables. After the 1925 earthquake the library was relocated to the stables of the former Edward Spalding house, then owned by George Owen Knapp, the temporary library remained there from August 1925 to September 1926. The property was located at the corner of Sola & Chapala Sts., and the stables faced the 00 block of West Sola Street. Edson Smith Photo Collection no. 674