The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The French born artist desired the 65-foot-deep lots for a large flower garden. At the height of its popularity, the gardens contained over 4,000 roses, which de Longpre´ masterfully depicted in his paintings. Many tourists visited the residence, art galleries and gardens between the late 1890s and the 1910s. The home was demolished in 1927. Exterior view of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence and gardens owned by artist Paul de Longpre´.