A crowd of people listen to Easter morning services at Stough Canyon Park on April 21,1946. According to the Burbank Department of Parks and Recreation, Stough Canyon Park originated as a gift to the city of over 128 acres to be used exclusively as public parkland from real estate developer Oliver J. Stough. The natural bowl of the ravine was first used for performances and events in 1935, with salvage lumber and telephone poles used for seating, and served as the rehearsal and performance space for the Burbank Symphony Orchestra until the permanent Starlight Bowl was built and opened in 1950. Notes on back of photo: Easter 1946 Stough Park. Paul E. Wolfe photography."
nonprojected graphic 8 x 10 b&w print
islandora:1366 local: cco01391
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--1940s--Children--Crowds--Easter service--Men--Mountains--Trees--Women