Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: Electric cars at Depot of the Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR) circa 1920s, (date according to Walt Tischer). The car on the left is leaving for Forestville while the center car is headed for Santa Rosa and the car on the right is leaving for Petaluma. The depot was designed and built in 1917 by Petaluma architect Brainard Jones. It has a ten-foot-wide covered passage that encircles the building and stone piers built with rock from the Stony Point Quarry. In 1966 the Depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Garcia & Maggine Co. sign is visible at right background.