Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Reverend Henry Howitt, first rector of Mill Valley Episcopal Church (previously was the pastor at St. John's in San Francisco). The first sermon at the Episcopal Church took place on June 12, 1892. In the lower right corner of the picture is the original Episcopal Church of Mill Valley at the corner of Old Mill and Lovell Avenue. Willis Polk was the architect in 1892. This picture was taken before the addition of the stained glass window in 1902. This building was razed in 1954 to allow a new one to be built on the same site. For more information on Reverend Howitt, see http://strathalbynanglicans.org.au/history/rectors-of-the-parish/the-revd-henry-howitt/
Churches Churches - Marin County Churches - Mill Valley Clergymen Episcopal Church of Our Savior Episcopal churches Howitt, Henry Lovell Avenue Old Mill Street Polk, Willis Portraits