Skip to main content

Image / McCaughey Bros Inc.'s Sebastopol Garage, Wing Yuen Tai Co. General Merchandise and ...

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
McCaughey Bros Inc.'s Sebastopol Garage, Wing Yuen Tai Co. General Merchandise and Japanese & Chinese Employment Office and Bridgeford Planing Mill, about 1920s
Date Created and/or Issued
1920
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection
Rights Information
Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Description
Photo--black and white: Sebastopol Garage building circa 1920s. The McCaughey Bros Inc. owned the Garage with A. S. Huck manager. Signs advertise Poland and Shatto repairs, Associated Gasoline. To the left is the Wing Yuen Tai Co. General Merchandise and Japanese & Chinese Employment Office. Chrystal White Soap sign. Both businesses were located to the immediate left of Pellini Chevrolet building. The Chinese store was torn down and the garage and store lot were eventually incorporated into the present Pellini location. The alley to the immediate left of the Wany Yuen Tai store (current street to the right of Pellini used car lot) was known as South China Street during these early years. A Chinatown thrived there from just past the 1900s and into the 1940s. The building immediately to the left of the Wang Yuen Tai store was Bridgeford Planing Mill. The McCaughey Brother, Inc. owned Sebastopol Garage, and Sam Huck, Sr. was the Manager.
Type
Image
Format
Still image
Identifier
d80fbc5e-c165-4db9-9a10-68bf52d0e1c8
https://digital.sonomalibrary.org/documents/detail/47588
https://images.quartexcollections.com/sonomalibrary/thumbnails/preview/d80fbc5e-c165-4db9-9a10-68bf52d0e1c8
cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll11/id/1205

Explore related content on Calisphere: