View of two men emptying grapes from boxes into a large crusher at the Castorina's Wine By-Products Plant in Cucamonga. The plant, formerly the 50 acre J.B. Lafourade Winery, seasonally used 300,000 tons of grapes and grape pulp to make cream of tartar, denatured alcohol, tartaric acid and other products. Salvatore Castorina purchased the former winery in 1928 and oversaw the plant, which eventually came to be known as S. Castorina Argol Corporation. In 1977 Cucamonga was one the areas to become incorporated under the name of City of Rancho Cucamonga. November 6, 1928.