Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: In 1915 fire swept through the north side of Graton's Main Street. The hotel's chimney was still standing. The only building that survived was the Union Block (left). After the rubble was cleared, it was moved down to the northeast corner and put on the foundation of the destroyed hotel with its front facing west. It functioned as the town's hotel for many years, then sometime in the 1930s it became a bar owned by Elmer Crowell, with rooms to rent upstairs. Photo taken on Ross Road looking east. The livery stable on the right became Baker's Lunch.