Title supplied by cataloger. Located at 800 N. Alameda Street, Union Station was designed by the father and son team of John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson, and opened in May 1939. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Moderne styles with Moorish architectural details. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places, Building #8000081 and is Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101. Panoramic view, looking east from above Spring Street, showing the Main Street side of El Pueblo de Los Angeles (center), Union Station, and communities east of the Los Angeles River in the distance.
1 slide : color ; 5x5 cm. Photographic color slides
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Railroad stations Terminals (Transportation) Clock towers Parking lots Palms Exterior lighting Commercial buildings Trees Automobiles Streets Lost architecture Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Art deco (Architecture) Architecture, Spanish influences Main Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Spring Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument (Los Angeles, Calif.) Parkinson & Parkinson Panoramic views