This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
In 1868, Judge Edwin B. Crocker purchased the property, the he hired Seth Babson to renovate the home. Completed in 1872, the family mansion went through several uses and reconstructions. It is now used to display artwork from around the world.