This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
The structure at 11043 Magnolia Boulevard in North Hollywood was constructed circa 1926 and originally served at a Boys Scouts of America Hall. It operated briefly operated as the Turf Club in 1937-38, and in 1939 was converted into a theater for live performance and named the Little Theatre of North Hollywood. In 1942, the name was changed to the North Hollywood Playhouse, and hosted live performances for the next four decades. Between 1950-1955, the playhouse was also operated as the Candlelight Theatre and the Resident Playhouse. The building was demolished in 1983. Photograph caption dated June 9, 1956 reads, "Guy Cuzner plays the title role in 'Wildcat Willie Returns,' which is on stage every Saturday afternoon at the North Hollywood Playhouse. Written and directed by Ed Rees, the Western comedy features the Peter Pan Players."
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
North Hollywood Playhouse (Los Angeles, Calif.) Actors--United States Young men--California--Los Angeles Western stories--Drama Theater--California--Los Angeles Costumes Lost Architecture--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) North Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Portrait photographs Valley Times Collection photographs