Permission to publish the image must be obtained from the CSUDH Archives as owner of the physical item and copyright. In instances when the copyright ownership is not clear it is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright permission.
Panoramic photograph of women in front of a brick church at the Southern District Buddhist Women's Association 8th Annual Convention. Japanese text at the center of the image reads: "Southern District Buddhist Women's Association 8th convention, September 27, 1959." Title from text in photograph. The Pasadena Buddhist Temple Photographs contains photographs and panoramic photographs of the Pasadena Buddhist Temple and members of the church's congregation. In the fall of 1948, early in the temple's history, Mr. and Mrs. Yukio Nishimoto made their home available for services and Dharma school instruction. Temple functions moved to 1106 Lincoln Avenue, where Reverand Daitetsu Hayashima led spiritual guidance. In 1958, the current property at 1993 Glen Ave was purchased and temple construction began. Some of the panormaic and group portraits in this collection include the Buddhist Women's Association, which has been with the temple since its inception, and the Young Buddhist League (YBL). Also pictured are important moments at the Pasadena Buddhist Temple, such as dedication ceremonies and anniversaries.