This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Shown in 1996 is the Central Library's archives and research room, the Sacramento Room. Opened in 1995, the facility was set in the original reference room of the 1917 Andrew Carnergie-funded library. To the far right of the photograph is the library's original stairwell. Also visible to the right are paintings of local artists, left to right, Patrick Dullanty with "River Silos," and Gregory Kondos with "River Palms."