Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Bullock's Department Store was built in 1906 by Parkinson & Bergstrom and founded by John G. Bullock. Bullock's grew from one building to several, encompassing real estate along Seventh, surrounding the historic St. Vincent's Court and up Hill Street. John and Donald B. constructed an addition to the building Parkinson, with a structural steel framework, at a cost in the neighborhood of $1,000,000. It closed in 1986, and is now the St. Vincent's Jewelry Center. Northeast corner of Bullock's Department Store, with Hill Street on the left, and 7th Street on the right. Numerous people can be seen walking along the sidewalk, and Christmas decorations hang over the street above traffic. For decades, 7th Street was a thriving and busy shopping street, traversing all of the major named streets in Downtown. Photograph dated: December 1930.; Photograph similar as #00059105.
1 photographic print :b&w ;24 x 20 cm. Photographic prints
00079542 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Shops and stores-Department stores. CARL0000081016 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/112163
Bullock's (Department store) Stores & shops--California--Los Angeles Central business districts--California--Los Angeles Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Department stores--California--Los Angeles Pedestrians--California--Los Angeles Buildings--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945 Bergstrom, G. E.(George Edwin),1876-1955 Parkinson, John,1861-1935