Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. View of several barracks at Camp Lompoc, a camp overseen by the CCC, the Civilian Conservation Corps. Photo dated: February 23, 1938.; At the time this photograph was taken, the Los Angeles District of the CCC had over twenty camps engaged in various projects, including the restoration of La Puri´sima Concepcio´n by Company 1951 at Camp Puri´sima SP-29. Another group, Company 2950, was formed in 1936 and sent from Fort MacArthur to Camp Lompoc, the site of Mission La Puri´sima Concepcio´n. Forest fires were the main priority for this company. Approximately a year later, companies 1951 and 2950 merged and became known as the "Twin Camps."
1 photographic print :b&w ;11 x 25 cm. Photographic prints
00074729 Security Pacific National Bank Collection S-007-039 4x5; Lompoc-Camps-Camp Lompoc CARL0000077713 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/115310
Mission La Puri´sima Concepcio´n (Calif.) Civilian Conservation Corps Dwellings--California--Lompoc Camps--California--Lompoc Lompoc (Calif.) Camp Lompoc (Calif.)