For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
“Church under the oaks, Lovedale.” Exterior view of a congregation sitting on benches and shaded by trees. ❧ The Incehra mission, in the Eastern Cape, was renamed Lovedale ,1826, in memory of Dr John Love (1757-1825) and was later resituated on the Tyumie River in 1837. The mission ministered to the Xhosa speaking people and the mission became famous for its educational endeavours.