UC Berkeley, Bioscience & Natural Resources Library > Fritz-Metcalf Photograph Collection > View in the Noyo River plantation of Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus). Trees are ten years old. Photo was taken in 1/4 acre sample plot measured April 25, 1921. These trees averaged 340 per acre, of which number, 34% were scrubs less than 2" in diameter. The other 66% averaged 5.1" diameter at breast height and 52' high. Besides the planted trees there were the following trees which and come in naturally: Douglas Fir- 168 per acre; Lowland White Fir- 52 per acre; Redwood- 32 clumps of sprouts per acre; Tanbark Oak- 140 clumps of sprouts per acre; Madrone- 56 clumps of sprouts per acre; Golden-Leaf Chinquapin- 20 per acre; Redwood seedlings or root suckers not near old stumps- 20 per acre

Image / View in the Noyo River plantation of Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus). Trees ...

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
View in the Noyo River plantation of Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus). Trees are ten years old. Photo was taken in 1/4 acre sample plot measured April 25, 1921. These trees averaged 340 per acre, of which number, 34% were scrubs less than 2" in diameter. The other 66% averaged 5.1" diameter at breast height and 52' high. Besides the planted trees there were the following trees which and come in naturally: Douglas Fir- 168 per acre; Lowland White Fir- 52 per acre; Redwood- 32 clumps of sprouts per acre; Tanbark Oak- 140 clumps of sprouts per acre; Madrone- 56 clumps of sprouts per acre; Golden-Leaf Chinquapin- 20 per acre; Redwood seedlings or root suckers not near old stumps- 20 per acre
Creator
Unknown
Date Created and/or Issued
1921
Contributing Institution
UC Berkeley, Bioscience & Natural Resources Library
Collection
Fritz-Metcalf Photograph Collection
Rights Information
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Life & Health Sciences Division, The University Library, University of California, Berkeley 94720-6500. Consent is given on behalf of The Bioscience & Natural Resources Library as the owner of the physical items and does not constitute permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner. See: http://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/fritz-metcalf/use_of_images. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Description
One person present, name unknown
Type
image
Format
Still image

Explore related content on Calisphere: