Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
MacArthur Park, created in the 1880's under the name Westlake Park, was later renamed in honor of General Douglas MacArthur. In this picture we are looking over the line of trees to the lake, the boathouses on the far side, and the city buildings beyond. In the lower left of the picture is the set of 3 statues at the entrance to the park.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00010717 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Parks-MacArthur Park; n-002-161.1 4x5 CARL0000012726 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/84587
Parks--California--Los Angeles Westlake (Los Angeles, Calif.) MacArthur Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)