Skip to main content

Image / Heat melted telephone in kitchen where brothers died

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Heat melted telephone in kitchen where brothers died
Alternative Title
Valley Times Photo Collection
Robbins, Jeff
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian
Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Date Created and/or Issued
Contributing Institution
Los Angeles Public Library
Los Angeles Public Library Photo Collection
Rights Information
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at for additional information.
Photograph was edited for publication purposes
Photograph caption dated December 6, 1963 reads, "Grim-faced Fire Capt. Jack Chell works at death scene." The article partially reads, "A bridegroom-to-be and his brother died in a fire today in the Sun Valley house which he planned to share with his bride. The brothers were spending their first night in the house. The two, Stanley Imoto, about 30, and Ernest Imoto, about 28, were pronounced dead at the scene of the early morning fire at 12238 Peoria St. Stanley, who reportedly was to be married Dec. 29, had purchased the house recently and he and his brother were in the process of fixing it up, fire officials said."; See images #00117029 through #00117030 for all photos in this series.
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm.
Photographic prints
Valley Times Collection
Fire fighters--California--Los Angeles
Fires--California--Sun Valley (Los Angeles)
Men--California--Los Angeles
Dwellings--California--Sun Valley (Los Angeles)
Lost architecture--California--Sun Valley (Los Angeles)
Sun Valley (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Valley Times Collection photographs

Explore related content on Calisphere: