Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Front exterior view of the Church of the Angels, located at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena. Ivy is growing on the exterior wall of the bell tower. There is a man sitting on a bench that sits next to the church. The time on the clock of the bell tower is approximately 5:25. Two old model cars are partially visible on the right and left side of the church. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00019775 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Pasadena-Churches-Church of the Angels.; N-002-568 8x10 CARL0000024995 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/89464
Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Towers--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933 Pasadena (Calif.)