Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Aerial view shows The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, located at 3911 S. Figueroa Street; view is looking northeast. The Coliseum was officially opened on May 1, 1923 and was designed by John and Donald Parkinson; general contractor was Edwards, Widley & Dixon Company. The University of Southern California campus and buildings are visible just beyond, in the background. Exposition Boulevard is at top left corner; Flower Street is the short street, slightly diagonally at upper right; Figueroa Street is diagonally at upper right; the Harbor (110) Freeway peeks out from top right corner. Photograph dated May 1, 1958.
1 negative :safety ;11 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.) Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Dwellings--California--Los Angeles Stadiums--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Exposition Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)--Aerial views Exposition Park (Los Angeles, Calif.) University Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)--Aerial views University Park (Los Angeles, Calif.) Interstate 110 Aerial photographs Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945 Parkinson, John,1861-1935