Title supplied by cataloger. Many attractions have since been added, greatly modified, or demolished; Designed by Pereira & Luckman, the original Disneyland Hotel, which included about 100 rooms in 5 two-story guest room complexes, opened on October 5, 1955. Over the years, the hotel grew in size, ultimately offering hundreds of rooms. In 1999, the original structures seen here and much of the subsequently added structures were demolished during the creation of new resort parking areas and Downtown Disney. Aerial view looking towards Disneyland (background), located east of S. West Street (center). At this time, only a few of the amusement park's now world famous attractions existed; many that are seen here, including Main Street, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rocket to the Moon, TWA Moonliner, Circarama, Astro-Jets, Mark Twain's River boat, Indian Village, Golden Horseshoe Saloon, have been changed or removed completely. The Disneyland Hotel (foreground) is surrounded by citrus groves, and the dining, shopping, and recreation facilities on S. West Street are under construction. Interstate 5 passes directly behind Disneyland.
1 color negative :safety ;10 x 13 cm. Photographic safety negatives