Partial exterior view of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence once owned by artist Paul de Longpre´. The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for a large flower garden, visible in the foreground. At one time he had 4,000 roses, which he depicted in his paintings. Many tourists visited his garden and art gallery until the home was demolished in 1927.