A group of children, mostly nicely dressed girls holding dolls, pose on the steps of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence which once belonged to artist Paul de Longpre´. The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property de Longpre´ obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for a large flower garden, which is partially visible here. At one time he had 4,000 roses, which he regularly depicted in his paintings. Many tourists and students visited the home to enjoy the gardens and personal art gallery.