Exterior view of Los Angeles Union Station behind several palm trees. Located at 800 N. Alameda Street, Union Station was designed by the father and son team of John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson, and opened in May 1939. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Modern style, with Moorish architectural details. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT), until the current owner, Catellus Development, officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places, Building #80000811. Photo dated: August 24, 2005.
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Railroad stations--California--Los Angeles Historic buildings--California--Los Angeles Palms--California--Los Angeles Gary Leonard Collection photographs Parkinson & Parkinson