Various structures, including the Mission Revival/Islamic style residence (right) on the property once owned by artist Paul de Longpre´. The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for an extensive flower garden, visible in the foreground. At one time de Longpre´ had 4,000 roses, which he regularly depicted in his paintings. Many tourists visited his garden and personal art gallery until the home was demolished in 1927.